1. General conditions for hiring a car
In order to complete a reservation for the rental of a car from our company, the customer must meet all of the following conditions:
- to possess a driving licence valid on the territory of Romania with at least one year’s validity, issued on the territory of the E.U. or to possess an international driving licence;
- the age required to rent a car is between 25 and 70 years old. (For other age categories an additional fee of 10% of the total amount of the final calculation of a reservation according to our price list may be charged);
- the guarantee charged is between 100 and 300 euros depending on the car selected;
- for the age category under 25 or over 70 the guarantee will be 300 euro, regardless of the category of the chosen car;
- under 3 years experience the minimum guarantee is €300;
- age conditions also apply to additional drivers admitted and mentioned in the contract;
2. Reservation of a car
Cererea de rezervare se poate face:
- online, non-stop on the transilvaniacar.com website by filling in the booking form, and the request will be examined by an operator and confirmed according to availability as soon as possible;
- by phone, WhatsApp, Viber, on the phone numbers displayed on the transilvaniacar.com website, daily between 08:00 and 22:00;
- reservation requests are confirmed only after their analysis and after receiving the message “reservation confirmed”;
- if a reservation has the status of confirmed reservation and the customer no longer fulfils the conditions stipulated in the contract, or it is found that the reservation form has been filled in erroneously, the reservation may be cancelled;
- the company has the right to exchange the car selected by the customer for another of a similar or higher category, so that for objective reasons a particular colour, engine or fuel type is not guaranteed. In such cases the price displayed will not be changed to the disadvantage of the customer;
- our company reserves the right to select the clientele.
3. The customer must:
- hold a valid driving licence for the category of car selected
- drive only on public roads;
- keep the car keys and documents in complete safety, the client being directly responsible for their loss or damage;
- not drive under the influence of alcohol or other psychoactive substances;
- to respect traffic rules;
- not modify or damage the car in any way (e.g. car interior, bodywork, engine, etc.).
- The rates are those on the transilvaniacar.com page in the rates section, expressed in euro/day and include:
- Insurance (compulsory motor third party liability insurance);
- Casco insurance (excess included between 500 and 800 euro);
- road tax, toll (the toll over the Fetești-Cernavodă bridge is payable by the customer, who must provide proof of payment);
- tyre tax depending on the season (tyres suitable for the season);
- airport tax in the presence of a valid parking ticket;
- the fare does not include: the cost of fuel used by customers, road taxes (other than the road toll), fines of any kind received during or after the contract period;
- the cost of replacing documents (in the event of loss or damage), car keys or hired accessories will be borne by the customer;
- payment: is to be made in full when the contract is signed, which will coincide with the customer taking delivery of the vehicle stipulated in the contract, plus the related guarantee;
- payment can be made in cash (RON, EURO, USD or other convertible currencies, calculated in RON at the BNR exchange rate on the day the vehicle is hired).
5. Rental offers
- granted for a limited number of kilometres or number of days, which are also indicated on the booking form;
- if the mileage limit for which the discount is offered is exceeded, the price will be adjusted to the price before the discount;
- if the maximum number of kilometres per day (300 km) is exceeded, one day’s rental will be charged for each 300 km exceeded.
6. Pick-up/handover of the car and return
- The pick-up/handover of the car as well as the return will take place at the date, time and location stated on the booking form;
- the car will be returned washed and filled up, and the customer will return it in the same way or pay a car wash fee of 10 Euro;
- drop-off and pick-up between 08:00 and 20:00 is free of charge;
- outside the hours of 08:00-20:00 a fee of 10 Euro will be charged.
7. Use of rented car
- The customer is fully liable (financially, civilly and criminally) for the failure to comply with the terms and conditions set forth in the rental contract and agrees to drive the vehicle in compliance with all legal requirements for driving a vehicle on public roads and accepts that the vehicle will not be used if the contractual provisions are not respected;
- Transilvaniacar.com does not allow the rented cars to cross the border outside Romania, otherwise the contract will be terminated and the customer will be held contractually liable.